You are here
During your hospital stay
When you are back on the ward, the nurse will continue to monitor your vitals and provide you with pain relief. If you do not feel like your pain is under control, you must let the nurse know.
Depending on your type of surgery you may:
- Require ongoing antibiotics
- Require ongoing pain relief
- Require calf compression stockings, foot pumps and blood thinning medication to help prevent deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Have drains and tubes removed over a 24 – 48 hour period
- Commence rehabilitation in hospital with physical therapy
See the specific patient information for you operation on the patient forms page.